Spring design

The Wet Poem

The Jailbird Poet welcomes you to the blog pages. Enjoy your stay.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gardening 2

Merry Meet All,

I don't know about any of you, but I am suffering from severe heat exposure in my tiny apt. I have a window open but what difference? I love the sunny weather though.

Soon fall will be here (gasp) and it will be time for us to harvest the plants, vegetables, and fruit or herbs that we tend to faithfully in our gardens. My garlic, peas and beans and tomatoes are growing fast. Overnight it seems.

I hope all of you are tending to your own gardens. I would love to know if you saw a bee or a hummingbird in your garden. Bees are declining and we need to plant flowers that will attract bees to save them. Bees are the main pollinators of the world and without them, we may not exist so put away your pesticides! Hummingbirds are traveling farther for food. For some environmentally friendly gardening strategies, try making your own compost tea, putting your used coffee in the garden. Egg shells add nitrogen to the soil. Save your used water from the house to water the garden for water conservation. All of these tips barely cost nothing. But the positive effect on your garden may pay dividends on your plants!!

So work hard on your gardens. Add peat moss for some nutrients to the soil! Have fun too.

Blessed Be,
Spiderwitch

No comments: